250 calories; $4.00 / serving
This refreshing dish can be served as an entree or just an appetizer. It’s so easy to throw together for a backyard bbq. Serve it in a martini or stemmed margarita glass with a lime wedge garnish, if you want to be all “extra” about it.
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small onion
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro
- 3 Roma Tomatoes, Seeded
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp Steak or Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce, or to taste
- 1/4 olive oil salt/pepper
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 lb cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 ripe avocado – peeled, pitted and chopped
- Lime wedges for garnish
Place garlic, onion, cilantro and tomatoes in food processor and chop. Dump in a large bowl, and mix in remaining ingredients. Serve in large margarita glasses with tortilla chips or saltine crackers. Garnish w/ lime wedges.
Tip: You can also use any cheap white fish for this recipe. Just season and bake it at 450 for 10-15 minutes before shredding it and adding it to the other ingredients.