450 calories; $3.25 / serving
The secret to this amazing recipe is the tomatillo avocado salsa. Not to brag, but I gave the recipe to a friend from church, and now her family insists that she make the salsa all the time to just have readily available. (OK, i bragged. That was clearly bragging. I’m a bragger.)
- Kosher salt
- 4 large boneless chicken breast or thighs
- 1/2 pound tomatillos-husked and quartered
- 2 TBS fresh lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 Can Diced Green Chilis
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons cilantro leaves
- 1 Hass avocado, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Miniature corn tortillas, for serving
Preheat the broiler. Place Chicken on a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt/pepper. Broil for 15 minutes. Flip them and Broil for another 10 minutes or until cooked through.
In a food processor, combine the tomatillos, garlic, green chilis, onion and cilantro. Process to a coarse puree. Transfer the salsa to a bowl and stir in the avocado and the lime juice. Season with salt.
Cut the chicken into thin strips and serve with the tomatillo salsa, additional cilantro, and warm corn tortillas.